Did you know that the holiday season is also known as “engagement season?” Most proposals happen around the holidays. From Thanksgiving to Christmas and New Years, all the way through Valentines Day. People are really feeling the love this time of year. With so much going on it’s a great idea to hire someone to plan and style your proposal. You can guarantee that it will be personalized, memorable, social media worthy, and fun. Here are some great ideas to get you started. Of course, we are full of tips and recommendations so just let us know what you have in mind.
- Bring in the Carolers– Hire a group of carolers to gather at a pre-predetermined location. As the two of you come around the corner have them start singing a favorite Christmas song. As your soon-to-be fiance is mesmerized by the impromptu carolers, drop to one knee and ask them to marry you. Not only will you have some great holiday photos, but you will also have a special holiday song to remanence on for years to come.
- Head Into The Mountains- There is nothing more romantic than a log cabin, snow on the ground, a roaring fireplace, and hot buttered rum. Set up the cabin so the mood is just right. Ask your special person to go on a walk with you. Somewhere along the path have a strategically placed ornament with a ring. Once they say yes, you can head back inside to the warm fireplace and spend the rest of the weekend enjoying each other before heading back to reality.
- Propose with a Puzzle– If elaborate setups aren’t really your jam, keep it simple. Set up a lifestyle photo shoot in your home where you and your significant other can make breakfast, lay in bed, whatever it is you do on Saturday mornings. When you are ready, bring them their morning coffee in this mug and have them decipher the message.
- Rock Climbing Proposal- If rock climbing is something you do as a couple this proposal idea should definitely be considered. While your fiance-to-be is at the top of the wall, we will very stealthy hang up some Christmas lights and quickly style the proposal area. When you are ready we will hit the lights. You will be in a perfect position to receive them as they come back down.
- Propose on a Yacht.- I realize that not everyone is going to be heading out into the snowy bliss during the holidays. Some couples opt for warmer weather and crystal clear waters. If this is you, take a ride out on a sailboat or a yacht. Make sure that you have the yacht styled and stocked with champagne. If you are on a sailboat you may even consider having a custom sail made so when it opens up to catch the wind you can pop the question.
- Take a Helicopter Around Town– If you are in a city that has great holiday lights you can definitely find a helicopter company to take you around. You can either propose while up in the air or wait until you are back on solid ground and have a photographer capture the moment. If you are landing on a rooftop you can have a stylist set up a great scene for you to come back to.
- Rooftop Proposal– There are so many gorgeous rooftops around town, why not take advantage of that. Ask your person to come up and grab a drink, maybe check out the skyline, warm up by a fire pit. When you reach the roof have a stunning tablescape and marquee letters set up.
We love styling marriage proposals. If you are considering proposing to someone special let us know!! We will handle idea generation, styling, vendors, execution, everything required to have the most perfect proposal.
To get more information on our proposal services check it out here.
As always, I would love to chat.